APEI's mission is to design, develop, and manufacture high performance electronic solutions that enable tomorrow's technology today.
Through the use of cutting edge materials and creative thinking, APEI delivers product lines and engineering solutions that perform like no other, always innovating the impossible.
Location & Facilities
APEI was founded in 1997 and is located in Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA.
APEI facilities include over 30,000 SF of advanced manufacturing and R&D space, including Class 1000 clean rooms for research, prototype development, and full-scale manufacturing. APEI’s power electronics and power module manufacturing facilities are commercial ISO9001 certified and aerospace AS9100 certified.
APEI R&D and engineering personnel also have access to the University of Arkansas’ High Density Electronics Center (HiDEC), a globally recognized multi-million dollar advanced electronics packaging center with Class 100 clean rooms. APEI R&D and engineering personnel also have access to the University of Arkansas’ National Center for Reliable Electric Power Transmission (NCREPT), a globally recognized multi-million dollar 6MW test facility for solid-state power electronics systems.
APEI specializes in high density and high power electronic solutions and products based on new and emerging materials, such as Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN). These technologies can improve a variety of systems, including:
- High efficiency converters for renewable energy
- Down-hole drilling and energy exploration electronics
- High density motor drives and power supplies
- Electric & hybrid-electric vehicles, trains, transportation
- Aerospace and aircraft power electronics
- Radar and communications power electronics
- High voltage power distribution
- Industrial manufacturing motor drives